Sunday, July 10, 2011

Leaving the bee farm

Before I left the farm I did a quick run around, documenting  many of the other things that I got to do during my stay here.

There was land to till, and beans to sow.
Tomatoes to pick.
Wood to stack.
Hives to clean.
Hives to stain.

 
Posters and maps and signs and sundry to paint and design. Of course :)


Honey to fill and stack and label and pack. And if you haven't tasted sunflower (Tournesol) honey, I highly recommend it. Liquid sun, for sure.
Kids to entertain. Louna and I currently hold the record for their version of raquet ball. 96 hits in a row, keeping the ball from bouncing on the ground.

Dinners to prepare and eat and clean up from. Mainly eat, Dany was the chef of the household. (Alan, Manon served you your portion on a little spoon--not wanting you to miss out, even though you'd already left).

And some parting images of the pyrenees in the wintertime--with the ruins of the local castle in the foreground, and the hives mid summer amongst the tournesol (photos by Stephanie).
And it looks like I'll be returning in September, because Dany and Stephanie have decided to get married. They've been together for 15? years, and when I asked why they decided to do it now, they told me I'd have to return for the marriage to find out. So I guess I will. There's to be a local band playing, and traditional dance lessons in the afternoon. I got to be the first, or amongst the first to see both outfits. Fun times with the locals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment