Friday, September 2, 2011

La Réserve

Next to the farm was a reserve, and also the home of the wild boars which ravaged my carrots. <fist shake>

I spent almost three weeks on the farm before I made my way over there (partially due to being unsure as to how to enter said reserve . . . apparently the boars knew more than I). Once we made it over there, there were even nutria spotted. It made me so nostalgic for Eugene, Oregon.






One evening we decided to make a picnic of it, and took homemade bread, a spread made of aubergines, garlic and tomatoes, beet and carrot salad; rice pudding and red peach preserves, and wine. The night was complete with a bright purple sleeping bag to sit on, a computer playlist with Salsa music. Thanks to Paul for setting up this photo; it captures the mood so perfectly, and cracks me up each time I look at it.


The picnic was highly successful, and included a much needed nap after all that cooking . . . 



The salsa was slightly self-conscious, and only lasted long enough to produce incriminating photographs. It was a fun idea, though. Perhaps next time some louder music would help? The tinny mac just didn't give the right atmosphere :)





We stayed long enough to see the sunset in, and not long enough to become scared of the wild boars . . . then headed back to the farm and the safety of the cabane.

No comments:

Post a Comment